How to Find the Right Integrated Refrigerator
Any expert in refrigerator repair in SF will tell you that finding a new fridge for your kitchen can be a trying task – but it can be much easier when you get a head start on your due diligence and research before you shop. There are many types of fridges to choose from, and one type that keeps getting more and more popular is the integrated refrigerator. Integrated refrigeration grows in popularity for many reasons, one of which is that the seamless design of these appliances looks fantastic in cabinet spaces, as opposed to traditional refrigerators, which tend to stick out from against a kitchen wall.
You might be wondering: Will this be pricier than a standard fridge?
The answer to this question depends on your budget, and the model and type of refrigerator you ultimately choose. We’ll be discussing the types of integrated refrigerators along with their prices, so you can ponder which one is the perfect fit for your kitchen.
This premium brand is owned by the BSH Corporation and is also well-known for making professional ranges. Thermador was among the very first companies to bring column refrigeration to the United States. They have recently customized their products with a new touchscreen display, a push-to-open door, and new bins. The price for models of fridges by Thermador vary from $5,199 to $6,699, depending on the unit you are looking for:
- LED internal theater lighting
- Humidity-controlled crisper drawers
- Half-gallon bins on the door for more fresh food space
- TFT touch controls to regulate temperature
- Automatically filtered diamond ice maker in freezer
- Hinges are reversible on many models
One of the most notable features about Sub-Zero refrigerators is that air cannot enter the fridge because of the revolutionary door seals – not to mention that if you have food tucked in the back of the fridge that has been all but forgotten for too long, the air scrubber feature will keep the ethylene gas from coming into contact with unspoiled foods. This type of fridge ranges from $6,300 to $8,250. True, the prices are steep, but with these features, it just might be worth it:
- Low temperature and high humidity-controlled storage crispers
- Internal water dispenser (optional)
- Accepts custom or stainless-steel panels
- Dual Compressor and evaporator
- Crystal interior with Nano-coated spill-proof shelving
- Smart-touch control panel for user-friendly precise temperature management
If streamlined is the style you’re looking for, Jenn-Air might be the choice for you. With its elegant shelving, well-lit interior, and all the bells and whistles, this fridge is quite appealing. This brand-new company is among the first to offer Wi-Fi connectivity and it is the only fridge that is compatible with Amazon Alexa. The price of a Jenn-Air fridge is relatively similar to the pricing of Sub-Zero. Here are a few more features that come with Jenn-Air refrigerators:
- Well-lit interior
- Use of nanotechnology on the shelves so spills do not spread
- Controllable temperature in different zones of the fridge and freezer
- Convenient shelving placement
- Well thought-out temperature management
- Attractive rebate offers
Fisher & Paykel
These narrow width and counter depth refrigerators give off an elegant and basic look that complements many different kitchens. The price for this fridge ranges from $4,349 to $6,199, depending on the features you choose to include. It’s a basic integrated refrigerator, and options include a water dispenser in the door and an interior ice maker. Fisher & Paykel refrigerators are best known for their dishwasher-type drawers. Here are some of the features that come along with Fisher & Paykel:
- Fast Freeze allows you to lower the temperature for a short time to let new groceries cool quickly
- Stainless panel option (sold separately)
- LED internal lighting
- Smart technology maintains consistent temperature, and monitors your habits to operate more efficiently
- Accessory kits are available to alter the height to fit spaces
BSH corporation’s senior brand Gaggenau is best known for its side-wall ovens and steam ovens. Their refrigerators feature a stainless interior, which helps absorb cold air better, ultimately cooling your food faster. The pricing for Gaggenau is more expensive than Thermador. The lowest MSRP is $5,599 and the highest is $7,999. Here are more features for Gaggenau refrigerators:
- Motorized shelf makes it easier to access higher shelves
- Internal or external ice maker (depending on size and model)
- Aluminum door bins for better durability
- Temperature controlled crispers
- Bright LED lighting
Looking for a new fridge can be a tedious project, but knowing what you’re looking for and what your budget is can make the whole process go much more smoothly. No matter which brand you go with, if you ever find an issue with your appliance, remember that our expert refrigerator repair in SF services them all!
To find out more information regarding the potential repairment of your fridge, or any other appliances, contact us today.