Whether you’ve just purchased a new freezer or are using one that’s a few years old, it’s no secret that something can go wrong. Just like every other household appliance, your freezer can experience performance issues from time to time. When it comes to freezer repair, Absolute Appliances Repair offers quality repair services in San Francisco, San Rafael, Mill Valley and other locations in the Bay Area.
Before focusing on freezer repair, it’s important to understand what may or may not be wrong with your freezer. A number of common problems exist in this realm, and they include the following, according to the APWagner Appliance Parts Blog:
- The freezer has a large amount of frost built up inside it
- The freezer isn’t keeping anything frozen
- Food kept in the freezer looks iced or burned (known as freezer burn)
- The freezer isn’t working at all
- The freezer runs constantly
Now that you’re aware of the issues that can affect the performance of your freezer, how do you diagnose them? While diagnosing some issues may be better left to the professionals at Absolute Appliances Repair, there are some simple things you can do to diagnose the more basic issues that may be plaguing your freezer.
Some of the simpler ways to diagnose problems include the following:
- Check the power cord or extension cord (if you’re using one) for any damage, and make sure it’s plugged in
- Test the temperature control mechanism and ensure it’s set to your desired temperature
- Make sure there is enough room in your freezer for a proper amount of airflow
- Test your freezers defrost timer and other defrosting components
For other diagnosing tips and ideas, go here.
Understanding the common issues that can affect the performance of your freezer is important, but if you’re still unsure, contact a professional. Absolute Appliance Repair services San Francisco and the surrounding area.