General Appliance Tips
- Unplug electronic appliances when not in use.
- Upgrade your refrigerator if it is 10 years old or older. Refrigerators use more energy than any other appliance in your home, but an ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerator uses about half the energy of a 10-year old conventional model.
- Clothes washers use energy to both clean clothes and heat water, so to save on energy costs, wash your clothes in cool water.
- Run dishwashers only when you have a full load.
- Use the air dry cycle on your dishwasher.
- Use the oven less. Use microwaves, toaster ovens, and crockpots more often.